The RTW Scholarship Fund
The Canner Family Scholarship Program
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Riverside Theatre Works Scholarship Program is to enrich the lives of Hyde Park youth who already have a particular interest and/or aptitude in theater - performing, singing or dancing – and have not been able to attend RTW camp or classes for lack of financial resources.
1. Students and their families must reside in Hyde Park.
2. Families must meet financial need standards.
3. Each student must submit contact information from a reference (ie: teacher, coach, etc) that is
familiar with their interests and abilities.
4. Each student will have a 10-15-minute interview including singing a song of their choice with the RTW Scholarship team to discover motivation and potential aptitude.
5. The distribution of awards will reflect the demographics of Hyde Park.
6. Students granted a scholarship must be prepared to attend all sessions and participate fully in the
production. They also will complete a brief written reflection on their experience after the production, and may be asked to participate in a brief interview.
1. Application and financial information must be emailed to RTWScholarship@gmail.com or delivered to Riverside Theater Works, Scholarship Director prior to the application deadline below.
2. The RTW Scholarship Director will review applications and schedule interviews for students who meet all qualifications. Note that scholarships are limited. Students who do not receive a scholarship are welcome to apply again another time.
3. The Scholarship Director will inform parents about the team’s decision after interviews.
Winter 2019/2020 - Timeline
December 20th: Last date for Scholarship Application to be received by scholarship director Wednesday,
January 6th: Student Interviews/Auditions will be held
January 6th: Scholarship recipients will be notified
Winter 2019/2020 Productions and Class Offerings
Honk Jr. (Ages 7-15)
January 11th- April Vacation
Saturdays 9am-12pm or 12:30pm-3:30pm