The RTW Scholarship Fund
The Canner Family Scholarship Program
Welcome to the Riverside Theatre Works Scholarship Program page!
We hope you will find an exciting new adventure
and maybe even an answer to a dream through our scholarship program.
The scholarship program pays the tuition for students living or attending public school in Hyde Park who have a particular interest in theater - performing, singing or dancing - but have not been able to participate in an RTW production because of the cost.
Camp Dates & Times: July 6-24, Monday-Friday, 9-3pm
Performance Dates: July 23 & 24
The Wizard of Oz Jr.
Camp Dates & Times: August 3-21, Monday-Friday, 9-3pm
Performance Dates: August 20 & 21
Children of Eden
Camp Dates & Times: July 6-31, Monday-Friday, 4-8pm
Performance Dates: July 30 & 31
Summer 2020 – Scholarship Application Timeline
April 17, 2020: Last date for application to be received by scholarship director
April 27, 2020: Student interviews/auditions will be held
May 1, 2020: Families will be notified
Do you qualify?
1. You must reside in Hyde Park or attend a Hyde Park public school.
2. Your family must meet financial need standards.
3. Be sure you have a coach or teacher who knows you and will give you a phone or email reference.
4. Be sure you are ready to come for a 10-15 minute interview (including singing a song of your choice) when we call you.
5. You must agree to attend all sessions and participate fully in the camp, production or class.
How do you apply?
1. Pick a camp, production or class that fits you and your family’s schedule.
2. Download and complete the application.
3. Email your complete application including family financial information to or deliver it to Riverside Theater Works before the application deadline.
If you have questions or need help, please contact Silvia, our scholarship director, and she will be happy to help.
Thanks to the Canner Family Trust for making the RTW Scholarship Program possible.